Remember us has always focused on the family as a complete unit and the respite breakaway trips involve the young people with special needs, their siblings and their parents/carers.
We offer the families a 2, 3, or 4 night break away on these trips.
We provide transport for those who need it. We organise for everyone to dine together each night, we organise kids clubs and after dinner we also organise family activities, such as, family quiz nights, family bingo nights, fancy dress themed evenings and more. While participating in fun activities the families have an opportunity to meet with other families in a similar situation to themselves and share information and become friends.
We also provide a full week family respite break away in June to a hotel in Ireland. During their week away they go on day trips and participate in evening activities which Remember Us has organised for the members and their families.
We also offer a once a year Parent/Carer respite break away.
Upcoming Respite Breaks
All the members and their families are looking forward to the up-coming Family Respite trip to the Ferrycarrig Hotel, Wexford
Saturday 12th February to Friday 16th February 2018
- February mid-term break to Ferrycarrig Hotel, Wexford (we will be offering families 2, 3 and 4 night breaks)
Friday 20th April and Saturday 21st April
- Cool Rockers Respite Break – Seven Oaks Hotel, Carlow
Saturday 16th June 2018 to Saturday 23rd June 2018
- Week long self catering family respite break to Quality Hotel, Youghal. (This is a self-catering break and we will be offering families a 4/5/6/7 night break.
- Parents Respite break – Venue and dates to be confirmed
Monday 29th October 2018 to Friday 2nd November 2018
- October mid-term break to Shearwater Hotel, Ballinasloe, Co, Galway (we will be offering families 2, 3 and 4 night breaks)