Remember us has always focused on the family as a complete unit and the respite breakaway trips involve the young people with special needs, their siblings and their parents/carers.
We offer the families a 2, 3, or 4 night break away on these trips.
We provide transport for those who need it. We organise for everyone to dine together each night, we organise kids clubs and after dinner we also organise family activities, such as, family quiz nights, family bingo nights, fancy dress themed evenings and more. While participating in fun activities the families have an opportunity to meet with other families in a similar situation to themselves and share information and become friends.
We also provide a full week family respite break away in June to a hotel in Ireland. During their week away they go on day trips and participate in evening activities which Remember Us has organised for the members and their families.
We also offer a once a year Parent/Carer respite break away.
Upcoming Respite Breaks
Monday 18th February to Friday 22nd February 2018
- February mid-term break to Ferrycarrig Hotel, Wexford (we will be offering families 2, 3 and 4 night breaks)
Friday 5th April and Saturday 6th April
- Cool Rockers Respite Break – Clayton Hotel, Galway
Saturday 8th June to Saturday 15th June
- Week long self catering family respite break to Quality Hotel, Youghal. (This is a self-catering break and we will be offering families a 4/5/6/7 night break.
Friday 20th September and Saturday 21st September
- Parents Respite Break – Abbey Court Hotel, Nenagh
Monday 28th October to Friday 1st November
- October mid-term break to Shearwater Hotel, Ballinasloe, Co, Galway (we will be offering families 2, 3 and 4 night breaks)