During the year we also provide 4 family respite breaks away to various hotels around Ireland.
Remember us has always focused on the family as a complete unit and the respite breakaway trips involve the young people with special needs, siblings and parents/carers.
We offer the families a 2, 3, or 4 night break away on these trips.
We provide transport for those who need it. We organise for everyone to dine together each night, we organise kids clubs and after dinner we also organise family activities, such as, family quiz nights, family bingo nights, fancy dress themed evenings and more. While participating in fun activities the families have an opportunity to meet with other families in a similar situation to themselves and share information and become friends.
We also provide a full week family respite break away in June to a hotel in Ireland. During their week away they go on day trips and participate in evening activities which Remember Us has organised for the members and their families.
We also offer a once a year Parent/Carer respite break away.
Upcoming Respite Breaks
All the members and their families are looking forward to the up-coming Family Respite trip to the Ferrycarrig Hotel, Wexford from Monday 15th February to Friday 19th February
Monday 15th February to Friday 19th February
- February mid-term break to Ferrycarrig Hotel, Wexford.
Friday 8th April to Sunday 10th April
- Respite break for our adult group to Ashdown Park Hotel, Gorey
Saturday 18th June to Saturday 25th June
- Week long self catering family respite break to Quality Hotel, Youghal. (This is a self-catering break and we will be offering families a 4/5/6/7 night break. We will be having dinner on 3 nights and 3 days outings) More details to follow
Friday 23rd and Sunday 25th September
- Parents Respite break -Bridge House Hotel, Tullamore.
Monday 31st October to Friday 4th November
- October mid-term break – Shearwater Hotel, Ballinasloe, (we will be offering families 2, 3 and 4 night breaks)