Remember us has always focused on the family as a complete unit and the respite breakaway trips involve the young people with special needs, their siblings and their parents/carers.
We offer the families a 2, 3, or 4 night break away on these trips.
We provide transport for those who need it. We organise for everyone to dine together each night, we organise kids clubs and after dinner entertainment.
We also organise family activities, such as, family quiz nights, family bingo nights, fancy dress themed evenings and more. While participating in fun activities the families have an opportunity to meet with other families in a similar situation to themselves and share information and become friends.
We also provide a full week family respite break away in June to a hotel in Ireland. During their week away they go on day trips and participate in evening activities which Remember Us has organised for the members and their families.
We also offer a once a year Parent/Carer respite break away.
Upcoming Respite Breaks
Monday 17th February to Friday 21st February 2020
- February mid-term break to Ferrycarrig Hotel, Wexford (we will be offering families 2, 3 and 4 night breaks)
Friday 24th April and Saturday 25th April – POSTPONED DUE TO GOVERNMENT/COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS
- Cool Rockers Respite Break – Cavan Crystal Hotel.
Saturday 6th June to Saturday 13th June – POSTPONED DUE TO GOVERNMENT/COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS
- Week long self catering family respite break to Quality Hotel, Youghal. (This is a self-catering break and we will be offering families a 4/5/6/7 night break.
- Parents Respite Break – Venue and Dates to be decided
Monday 26th October to Friday 30th October
- October mid-term break to Shearwater Hotel, Ballinasloe, Co, Galway (we will be offering families 2, 3 and 4 night breaks)